Thank you to KTLA for allowing me to share about Napa Valley. I love to talk about travel and I would highly recommend you visit Napa Valley soon! You can win a great giveaway from KTLA– Watch my segment here and then text the code word to enter!
- Napa County was one of the original counties of California, created in 1850 at the time of statehood.
- Napa County, once the producer of many different crops, is known today for its regional wine industry, rising to the first rank of wine regions with France by local wineries Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars and Chateau Montelena winning the “Judgment of Paris” in 1976.
- The Napa Valley welcomed 3.5 million visitors in 2016 and has received more Michelin Stars per capita (11 stars in total) than any other wine region in the world.
What will you win?
The VISIT NAPA VALLEY PACKAGE includes Hot Air Balloon Ride for two, Winemaker for the day at Raymond Estates, Luna Elevated Experience tasting and tour at Luna Winery, 3 nights at Hilton Garden Inn Napa, roundtrip flights on JetSuiteX for two and a Hertz Midsize Rental for four days!
Hot Air Balloon Ride for Two with Napa Valley Balloons includes the flight & brunch for 2 plus the in-flight photo package
- As the Napa Valley’s most experienced pilots, Napa Valley Balloons, Inc. pilots combined for well over 23,000 hours of flight experience in just hot air balloons alone, putting you in the hands of the most experienced balloon piloting staff in the Napa Valley.
- Established in 1980 and Napa Valley’s oldest balloon company
- From treetops to magnificent panoramic views, enjoy a spectacular morning soaring above it all. The state-of-the-art baskets allow all of the guests an unobstructed view. The approximately one hour flight is followed by a scrumptious post-flight breakfast at Domaine Chandon Winery. Arrive a few minutes early for complimentary pre-flight coffee, tea and pastries.
- Statistically, flight is the safest form of transportation and ballooning is statistically, the safest form of flight.
- Balloons fly best in cool, calm, stable air which in Napa is usually just after sunrise.
- Most balloonists enjoy low-level flight. The typical balloon flight would be anywhere from tree level to approximately 2,000 ft. The world record for altitude in a hot air balloon is 64,997 feet.
WhichWinery.com has selected two extraordinary winery experiences to enjoy during your visit to the Napa Valley. WhichWinery.com connects wine enthusiasts to wineries anywhere in the world, based on their unique preferences, allowing people to discover new wineries, keep track of their visits, plan and share upcoming trips and access exclusive experiences in wine country not available anywhere else.
Raymond Estates: Tour and Winemaker for the Day—blend your own bottles!
- Raymond Vineyards, founded in 1970, is one of the Napa Valley’s pioneers and great estates. Arriving in Napa in 1933, the Raymond family became deeply connected to the valley’s winemaking origins. In 1970, they established a 90-acre estate in Rutherford that now comprises more than 325 acres in Rutherford, St. Helena and Jameson Canyon. Five generations of the Raymond family created a Napa icon, with an enduring reputation for elegant wines with a balance of finesse, power and complexity.
- Today, guided by the vision of Proprietor Jean-Charles Boisset, Raymond Vineyards is one of the wine world’s most dynamic winery destinations, inspiring its guests in diverse environments of education, exploration, creativity and elegant whimsicality.
- Upon your visit, you’ll embark on a progressive tour and tasting, experiencing the outdoor Theater of Nature, (weather permitting), production areas and the numerous different tasting salons and lounges.
- Additionally, you’ll enjoy the thrill of being winemakers for the day. Together you’ll learn the winemaker’s art of blending while composing your own red wine from Napa’s signature red grape varieties. Following the blending session, you will take home a bottle of your own special blend featuring your own custom label. You can also order cases of your personally-crafted wine to share with family and friends!
Luna Vineyards: “Luna Elevated Experience” exclusive wine and food pairing and Estate tour.
- Luna Vineyards’ pioneering roots began in Napa Valley over two decades ago, as the first along the Silverado Trail to plant Pinot Grigio.
- Luna Vineyards is the largest estate-planted Pinot Grigio and Sangiovese producer in Napa Valley.
- The Luna Collection of Wines consists of something for everything occasion. The Luna Black Label wines represent their premier series of Estate-grown wines and are available only at the winery and their online shop.
- Upon your visit, you’ll experience an exclusive wine and food pairing featuring their Black Label portfolio of award-winning wines with a tasting room educator. Following your tasting, you’ll be treated to an Estate/Veranda tour to enjoy the beauty of the Luna Vineyards property and adjacent vineyards.
FLY: JetSuiteX 2 people between JetSuiteX’s private terminals in Burbank and Concord aboard their 30-seat jet.
- JetSuiteX was created for people who truly value their time and who are tired of waiting in line after line, and getting off the plane only to wait some more, be it at baggage claim or in a taxi line. Ditch plane pain and experience A Revolution in the Air™ with JetSuiteX!
- The JetSuiteX Experience: No lines, no crowds, no stress. It’s a semi-private travel experience at not-so-private fares. Because JetSuiteX flies from private terminals, customers bypass the lines, baggage claims, long walks, waiting at gates and boarding lines at standard commercial terminals. And because JetSuiteX jets only seat 30 people, there’s not the usual cattle call and uncomfortable and pushy boarding and deplaning. It’s time to ditch the plane pain and discover the joys of JetSuiteX!
Affordability: Prices range from $129 to $350, depending on the destination and how far in advance you book. It’s comparable to commercial fares. JetSuiteX may have a slight premium, but the comfort and time savings more than make up for it.
Destinations: JetSuiteX currently flies between private terminals in Burbank (LA), Concord (SF East Bay), San Jose, Oakland and Las Vegas with seasonal winter travel to Mammoth Lakes.
STAY: 3 nights Hilton Garden Inn Napa
- Hilton Garden Inn Napa hotel in Napa is in a prime location in the heart of California’s wine country minutes from downtown Napa and the historical waterfront. More than 270 local wineries including Mondavi, Peju, Black Stallion, V. Sattui, Alpha Omega, Rutherford Grove and Van der Heyden are nearby.
- Hilton Garden Inn recently unveiled a comprehensive brand refresh focusing on Hilton Garden Inn’s food and beverage (F&B) updates, new hotel prototypes for each region of the world and brand culture enhancements across its portfolio of 750+ hotels in 33 countries and territories.
- Hilton Garden Inn’s brand refresh addresses consumers’ changing dining preferences, such as healthier menu choices, enticing new flavors, around-the-clock retail availability, and a more social setting for restaurant/bar service.
DRIVE: Hertz Midsize Rental for four days
- After being in the car rental industry for nearly 100 years, Hertz sets the gold standard by offering a large and diverse fleet, the most awarded loyalty program and a dedicated customer service team.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® is Hertz’s award-winning loyalty program, which provides members with a faster pick up and drop off car rental experience with counter bypass, the opportunity to choose whichever car you want at Hertz Ultimate Choice locations, exclusive access to member-only discounts and upgrades, and the opportunity to earn free days towards rentals with Gold Plus Rewards points. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards has been consistently voted the most rewarding loyalty program in the car rental industry.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members can participate in the Great Gold Giveaway for a chance to win 1 million Gold Plus Reward points, which can be redeemed for up to four years’ worth of free rental days. One million points can also be redeemed for 30+ free roundtrip flights in the U.S. or 200 hotel nights with participating Hertz travel partners. The sweepstakes also includes more than 1,000 runner-up prizes.
- For each qualifying rental completed now through December 31, 2017, Hertz Gold Plus Reward members who reside in the U.S. will receive automatic entry for the sweepstakes – no sign up required.
Remember watch the segment and text the code word to enter by Nov 22, 2017 12am for this great getaway!
Thank you for watching me on KTLA!
Lisa Niver, We Said Go Travel