09 Aug 2017 What happened at AT&T SHAPE: Technology and Entertainment Expo?
With AT&T increasingly focused on creating content, Los Angeles is emerging as one of the most important business hubs for the company. In that spirit, AT&T is hosting its first tech and entertainment expo – AT&T SHAPE – on the Warner Brothers lot!
When was the AT&T SHAPE: Tech and Entertainment Expo?
I went to the Expo on Saturday July 15, 2017. It started on Friday July 14.
Where was the AT&T SHAPE: Tech and Entertainment Expo?
It was at Warner Brothers Studio and including the studio tour. Sara and I loved sitting on the Friends Couch and holding cups for coffee! We tested out green screen and perspective table. I loved seeing the back lots where they film so many movies and television shows.
What panels did you attend at AT&T SHAPE?
How Direct-to-Consumer Technology is Transforming Celebrity
VIDEO: AT&T Shape 2017: How Direct-to-Consumer Technology is Transforming Celebrity
Moderator: AT&T Entertainment Group CEO John Stankey
Kate Hudson, Actor
Michael Kives, Agent, Creative Artists Agency
Van Toffler, CEO and Co-Founder Gunpowder and Sky
VIDEO: Kate Hudson at AT&T Shape 2017: What she meant to say was
What other panels were there?
- A Conversation with director Kathryn Bigelow at 6 pm on Friday
- Late Shift: An Interactive Cinematic Experience featuring Chief Technology Officer of CtrlMovie Tobias Weber at 8 pm on Friday
- Next-Generation Advertising featuring President and CEO of BBDO Worldwide Andrew Robertson at 12 pm on Saturday
- Untold Stories Panel: Finding the Million Dollar Film featuring actor Jeffrey Wright, Tribeca Film Institute Executive Director Amy Hobby and AT&T’s Chief Brand Officer Fiona Carter at 5 pm on Saturday
- Future of Storytelling Presents: Perception and Reality In the Digital Age featuring neuroscientist and entrepreneur Dr. Beau Lotto at 6 pm on Saturday
What was the AT&T Entertainment Project?
It was an open challenge for over 1,000 talented storytellers across the U.S. who submitted their short film for the competition. Finalists will be determined before the event and a winner chosen on stage at the event, with their original story potentially airing on AT&T’s AUDIENCE® Network at a later date.
What else was there?
Additional activities included the AT&T Creator Camp for kids 8-14 years old offering tips and tricks for video and film production, the chance to shoot a short film on the Warner Bros. studio lot through the AT&T Create-a-thon and engaging exhibits throughout the expo. A few notable exhibits included:
- Ericsson will showcase how “5G amps up VR Auto Racing experience,” an auto race like no other with a multi-view perspective from the track & inside the car.
- Baobob Studios will show INVASION!, a 2017 Daytime Emmy winner for “Outstanding Interactive”. From the director of Madagascar and narrated by Ethan Hawke, comes a colorful VR story about Mac and Cheez, two bumbling aliens with grand ambitions to take over the world.
- Positron, a virtual reality studio, will present Voyager™ a full-motion platform for premium cinematic VR experiences. The chair provides a highly comfortable, fully integrated personal experience that incorporates robotic rotation and reclining, haptic feedback, spatial audio, scent technology, and specialized seating for motion-synchronized theaters.
- DJI, as the market leader in easy-to-fly drones and aerial photography systems, will demo their latest professional and consumer technologies.
- AfterNow is an agile development agency specializing in mixed reality. They will demo a Hololens collaboration tool, including tips on creating user interfaces in AR/VR/MR.
Thank you to AT&T, Warner Brothers and everyone who helped make this day of Technology and Entertainment a reality! All of my photos and video were filmed on #LGV20. I was excited to meet the LG Team at the Expo. Lisa Niver