Travel Photo Contests, Classes and Resources
- Our WSGT Judge Gary Arndt’s Travel Photography Academy
- Matador Network Travel Photography Course
- MediaBistro has classes on social media, editing, video
- Jad Davenport is a photographer, author and filmmaker with National Geographic Creative. Take his class: Travel Photography: The Essential Guide recommended by our judge for the writing competition, Amanda Castleman
- DigitalDroneSchool.com with Josh Friedman who also recommends Cypress College Photography classes where he is an instructor.
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA), a nonprofit photography association touting 30,000 members in more than 50 countries,
- Santa Fe Photographic Workshops in New Mexico recommended by Susan Portnoy, The Insatiable Traveler
- Maine Media Workshops + College in Rockport.
- International Center of Photography in New York
- Travel Photographer of the Year Contest: National Geographic April 14, 2017- June 30, 2017
- Society of American Travel Writers: July 1, 2017 – August 15, 2017
- Photo Contest Insider: Find many photo contests here
- We Said Go Travel Photo Award: August 1, 2017 – October 1, 2017 (and check out our writing award–we have had 13 so far! In 2018 we will have our first travel video competition.)
- Take a workshop with the wonderful Lisa Michele Burns from The Wandering Lens. I traveled with her in Europe on a Viking River Cruise and she creates incredible photos.
- EpicMakers Lisa works with EpicMakers to create video. Click here to see the A Day Trip to Napa video they edited for her. (All photo entrants will receive a coupon for 10% your first video project!)
- Borrow Lenses
WANT TO SHARE A CONTEST, CLASS OR RESOURCE FOR THIS PAGE?
SEND LISA AN EMAIL TO GET THE INFORMATION ADDED.